As summer has not arrived we are thinking of escaping London and experiencing something new. Airbnb is a great alternative to a sterile hotel room.
Airbnb is a global online platform that connects people who have space to spare with those who are looking for a place to stay. If you go for example to Paris you could choose to stay in an authentic Parisienne flat. It has all the benefits of a hotel room except you can play it by your rules (eating breakfast when ever you like, having a drink before going out, being able to buy and cook food from a deli/market and having more flexibility with check in/out). For one weekend you can immerse in whatever local lifestyle you choose. You have a grand choice when it comes to style, neighbourhood, room type, price and amenities.
Here some tips for selecting your Airbnb place:
- Check reviews first
- Check list: wifi access/mattress quality/cleanliness/child friendliness/size of flat
- Needs to be central (for a city trip) – walking distance to public transport, taxi stands, local breakfast places and nice restaurants
- If you go through the effort to look for your ideal place – book the entire flat (worth the money)
- Ask the host for some restaurant/bar recommendations in the neighbourhood
- Discuss your ideal check in and out time with host, there usually is a bit of flexibility
- Contact the host straight away, if you have a problem during your stay – they usually fix it asap as they want to avoid bad reviews
Our experiences booking Airbnb places in Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, London and Berlin have been lots of fun – give it a go. What would it be for you – a flat, room, tree house or boat?
*please check for up to date pricing directly on https://www.airbnb.co.uk